Wednesday, March 3, 2010

some crud about our tour.

Hello Anyone out there, i just thought i would write with an email to
tell you all about our exciting tour and about L.I.G (life in
general).
I am currently sitting in a lounge in Onekaka, Golden Bay. it is at
the beach and Sam and I just went swimming together with our matching
'High School Musical 2' towels. He was also wearing his new (second
hand) pink togs which really are a sight to behold. So essentially, we
looked pretty good as some kind of batty tourist couple, which is not
such a big deal.
Yesterday we played a festival called 'Illuminate' on the old
'Gathering' site. There was lots of tie die, incense, lentils, fire
dancing and other crud like that.
It was safe to say that I did not quite fit in walking around in the
evening wearing my three tits t-shirt under my long black trench coat,
but noone really said anything. As the moon was full, pretty much
everyone was too busy ululating to 'dub beats' and feeling each
other's 'energy' etc.



I walked around with a bottle of boysenberry cider looking for a good
stick as we were after all up in the woods. I didn't find anything but
managed to make hard out eye contact with a dog wearing a red bandana
under the full moon. I quickly wondered if dogs turn skitzy under the
full moon and attack humans like werewolves do, but he just walked
off. So then I walked off.
When we actually played our show the crowd was great. Heaps of the
women had their eyes closed and were doing all kinds of 'tripped out'
dancing and really getting into it.



One woman actually looked like
some crazy old witch who would cook children in a big boiling pot. I
made eye contact with her once and almost pissed my pants with fear.
Halfway through our show one of the power amplifiers started smoking
and there was a power surge and the whole system shut down. We had to
go off stage for 15 minutes while the crew fixed it up. But then we
came back on and played a few more songs before that witch woman
closed the festival with about ten minutes banging on a big gong and
opening her arms to the sky.



I looked around to pull a face at Felix as if to say 'What the fuck is
going on here?' but got busted by what looked to be one of the head
hippies pulling the face. It was awkward. I will not be surprised if
some form of voodoo has been put on me for pulling that face about the
Gong Witch. Hopefully not thou seeing Ede from my band pretty much
knew everyone up on that hill, and he will hopefully rebalance the
'kharma' or 'universe' or something similar.
this is why..



We had an amazing stage manager, a very nice lady by the name of Tina.
She had one arm and one stump. When we all had a group hug with her
after the show I was first into the hug and then when everyone
enclosed around us her stump was sticking into my back. It was pretty
annoying as it was kind of sharp. I tried to break the hug up, but
everyone was trying to extend it, so I had to hang in there a bit
longer.
We left yesterday afternoon and left Rob from my band up on the hill
hanging around fullfilling the prophecy of his nick name 'Star Child'.
No doubt he will be participating in drum circles, taking MDMA and
making love under the stars. He better be in Takaka on time for our
gig tonight or he's dead meat.
Then tomorrow we go to Kaikoura. I will try and get a whale. And a
stick off the beach.
The other shows on the tour have been a) excellent or b) pretty
mediocre.
Leigh, Raglan, Paekakariki, Levin and Camp A Low Hum were all such fun.
Even though we were a day late to Camp A Low Hum due to either my poor
management or Blink from Camp A Low Hum providing me the wrong day. I
somehow thing it may have been my fault.
Napier was super quiet and Wellington was also less than expected,
although we did get to play with a band i consider to be the best band
in the country Beastwars. You should look them up on the internet.
Also it was my birthday that night and things got a little crazy.
Sam and I missed the ferry from Wellington to Picton but managed to
squeeze onto the following ferry. Seats were tight but we managed to
get two seats facing the kids playground. Once again my trench coat
was not necessarily the best choice of wardrobe for that particular
time. But it went well with my dark glasses, and there were no
complaints.

Anyway, as per usual I am totally rambling. With no real point or
purpose. If anyone sees my mum tell her I will be home on monday and
that if possible it would be nice to not have to answer 40 million
questions upon arrival as I will be quite tired.

Hope everyone is pretty good. Love reuben.

No comments:

Post a Comment