Wednesday, July 1, 2009

shut your trap. Goldblum lives.




God. I have just recovered my mind and emotional energy after being
away playing shows and mucking round for about ten days. It is pretty
tiring. But also reasonably classic.

At least i woke up fully clothed on sunday at 3pm with my boots on in
a hotel room I didnt even remember getting into. There were a packet
of Marlboro reds on the table and it jogged my memory that I had
stolen an almost life size figurine of a chef from outside of a hotel
the night before and traipsed through fields and marshland and stuck
it down the end of a jetty. Somehow I think my mind defined the
logical steps that:

a) me , Sam and Cathrin got dropped at the wrong hotel by festival organisers
b) to pay them back, i would steal the chef from out front of the hotel
c) i would take it through the fields as a lesson to people for not
dropping us at the wrong place
d) i would put it at the end of the jetty, but not throw it in the
lake, to show compassion.

I also ripped my pants from being too tired to climb the fence so just
taking a running jump and flying over it. I landed like a heavy bag of
vegetables. But who cares, i have no bruises.

Down by the jetty Sam and Cathrin told me it was not a good idea to
try boarding one of the yachts. I thought they were being prude
idiots. But actually when i started shaking the boat a lady came up
out of bed. So in fact on this occasion, Sam and Cathrin were correct.
That doesnt therefore mean that i am the idiot however, because the
lady who came up looked like a bit of a jerk actually. if it had have
been Ed down in the boat he probably would have come up and gone 'cool
chef'.

Anyway, all this carry on was after the Fusion Festival in Larz, Germany...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvkYUJCbJw8
.. that is a link of us playing. You can see how long Felix's (aka Lix
'Lickety SPlitz' Lun) hair is getting. He is hopefully going to grow
out a massive mullet and a mustache. He will then fulfill the
prophecy.

He has started a fictional side project called Star Control. Pretty
wicked name. Not as good as my fictional side project 'The Maoris'
however. I will be auditioning for band members sometime in the next
year. I have my eye on Big Hungry, Pounds and Jonny, however they may
be busy with their side project Jonny and the Knife Fighters. Which is
also one of the best names for a band i have heard in recent years.

I have quite a bit of news about the gigs: But i will bullet point
them so it doesnt get totally boring after one second.
a) Cardiff sucked. We were booked in a bar like the Loaded Hog. THere
were about six people there, the soundguy didnt know what he was doing
and I pretty much had bumwheeze. Seriously goes down as the most rank
gig we have ever had. We were pretty much laughing the whole time. And
we stayed with some cool people afterwards.

b) London was awesome. Catching up with old friends and having babes
dancing to our tunes and also Sam having to play a keyboard about
sixteen metres long as his had broken. It was ridiculously big and
took up quite a portion of the stage, i essentially wanted to kick it
out of the way, but didnt cos i couldnt be bothered with having to
pick it up again.

c) Leiden was the smallest room i have ever played in by at least 200
per cent. To reference a size i would say, the size of the toilets in
Mission Bay Burger King. And I am not exagerrating (f#ck i could never
spell that stupid word). If you have not been to Mission Bay Burger
King then you obviously didnt used to play hacky sack down by the
fountain so i dont even know why I am writing to you in the first
place.
Anyway, this was a fun gig. The room was packed. There were about 25
people. Heaps of Dutch people aka Schnurgens. They sound like they are
saying Schnurgen all the time. The venue was under this awesome squat
and this guy called Hgeil put his balls on our van and filmed it. It
was pretty good. Then he chased Ed with his balls etc. We have footage
of that also. I smoked heaps of weed because I felt like it. I love
the weed when I am in the Netherlands. (L.T.W)...
We stayed at this guy called Marcels house and me and Sam shared a
bed. I have a feeling that a Mick Jagger/ David Bowie episode may have
occurred, but whatever. I cant remember anything so therefore it is
not confirmed.
Leiden is pretty much one of the best places i have ever been. Heaps
of canals and weed etc.
d) Den Haag aka The Hague. Well, about 8 people, sorry, 11 people were
at our gig. But it was actually a really great night. We were staying
at this amazing old squat. Our friend Joost, who looks like Jimmy
Page, looked after us and rolled up heaps of weed. That was when we
found out MJ had died. Which sucked. There was a silver lining though,
in that we heard Goldblum had also died. When I found out that was a
hoax I felt even worse than when I had first heard that MJ had died
and knew nothing about Goldblum. So essentially the silver lining was
BULLSHIT. So Goldblum lives to fight another day. Oh well.
Anyway, then ...
e) Wassenaar, The Ambassadors Tea Party. Well we stayed in a mansion.
And we played background music at eh NZ ambassador of Netherlands
house. Me and Felix shared a room. I woke up in the middle of the
night because Lix turned the light on.
I said, 'what the hell Lix'
and he said 'there is a bat'
and i said 'what?'
and then i saw the bat flippen flying around the room like a skitzy
bird. It was a small bat but still freaked the living crud out of me
and then it flew out my window. Fuck THAT.
So anyway, we went back to sleep and had to get up at 4:40 to drive to
Fusion Festival.
f) Fusion Festival. Awesome. Heaps of hippies and weed. Cant remember
much. Was a great show and I stole a chef.

And i had some pretty strong psychedelics so if anyone from the
festival complains to anyone on this email list about the skitzy guy
from the New Zealand band demanding to be picked up with weed and
booze from the wrong hotel, then dont worry about it. It has all
smoothed over.

And tomorrow, we are going to Leipzig for a few days. Which is down
south or something. And sounds pretty good.

We have an old police van with bulletproof windows. Soooooo... yeah

No comments:

Post a Comment