Monday, June 15, 2009

diggers outside my window


Hello friends. I was inspired to write a 'group email' when i woke up
at 6:46am this morning as some concrete dropped on some other
concrete. But i think the edge kinda scraped down the other edge and
made the chalk board sound x 400,000. Then a guy shouted something
which sounded like  'Pig dog death, floor hatred, love?'. So I am
pretty sure thats what he meant. My initial reaction would have been
to reply by saying 'Hey, shut it!' but before i could do anything
another guy said back to him jovially something along the lines of
'buttpower! buttpower kind!'. So, whatever.

It was a pretty good way to start the day. Not as good as nutri grain
or whatever, but pretty close. I can hear the diggers digging crap up
right now. Its a shame actually because if they werent so loud, i
probably wouldnt want to kill the guys driving them. Oh they have
stopped, and it has been replaced by a jackhammer. So that's quite
good. Almost soothing.
I just went and looked out the window and secretly pulled the fingers
at a couple of those guys.

Anyway, I am in Berlin and life of the unemployed is actually ruling
so hard that I almost want to puke. I really like
a) getting up late
b) doing what i want
c) not going to work
d) going to the kids playground and sitting in the far corner by the
swings smoking
e) riding my bike Trent around
f) getting up and looking in the fridge and seeing what you can make
from different ingredients


There are a lot more things I like about being unemployed, but those
are the ones that sprung immedietly to my head.
We have been here a month and it is probably my new favourite town. I
refused to do any sightseeing when I found out that Hitlers bunker can
not actually be seen from the road, and you would never even know it
was there. That put me off.
But there is plenty to do otherwise and everyone pretty much sits
around drinking or mucking round in the park here. There are probably
a billion or so parks in Berlin. It is a really green city which is
awesome. When you contrast that with the absolutely overpowering
amount of graffiti it is such a cool looking place. Some of the
graffiti pieces are whole sides of huge apartment blocks, it is
unbelievable stuff. My favourite one is this big spaceman that you see
out of the side of the train.

I also like the one that says 'Mike sucked me off in here' in the
toilets in a bar near our home. Although it is not as grandiose as the
spaceman.
I never thought I would use the word grandiose in context. So, pretty
much can tick that off.

Have been on a couple of adventures... the most memorable being Sam
and I's journey to Amsterdam to see Jean Michel Jarre live.

Essentially, in a nutshell, we brought some 'truffles' from a lady in
a shop who told us they were a mild form of mushrooms, ate them, found
out that they were by no means 'mild', tripped out and thought that
Jean Michel Jarre was landing a spacecraft on the stage.

The laser show and music actually blew my brains out, it was so good.
And honestly, I was hallucinating so hard like never before. It was
flippen sweet.

Then I got robbed. This guy basically reached for his back pocket
where either a knife or a gun was, or a carrot or whatever
was and robbed me for all the money in my wallet. 10 Euros, ha sucker.

It was a night of various strange and wonderful adventures which i
could go in depth into, but seeing was kind of believing. And I was so
god damn high I dont even actually know if it all happened.
I can confirm neither Sam nor I slept with a prostitute. Although we
did get some pretty good camera footage of a shop window with a
beautiful dildo display.

The band are all here now in Berlin. Rob arrived at 2am this morning
and woke us up. So odds are we are going to ask him to leave the band.

Our first gig is this friday night at a place called Tacheles. It is
like an art squat (trippy), so that will be great. Then we are headed
to Hamburg on Sunday to play with The Veils (which is so f*cking
exciting, i love that band), and then back to do the Berlin show with
them on monday..

We have a bunch of interesting stuff coming up actually, in June
headed to Cologne,London, Cardiff, a bunch of Netherlands shows and
then this great festival called Fusion Festival... We are stoked to be
playing it, it is supposed to be one of Europe's great festivals.
Hopefully I dont get electrocuted or something before that. But odds
are I might.

We are also playing a hardcore metal fest called Ieperfest in august.
Spelt with an I not an L.. but pretty classic.


hope everyone is good. Please write to me back.
And yes, even though I am unemployed, I really want to do some writing
of band bios or any copy for websites or whatever... so if anyone
needs anything like that done you can hit me up. I only want one day
of work per 6 weeks, so take it easy.
I am going now to eat an apple and throw the core somewhere near the
construction workers.

i know i have left a bunch of stuff out in this email. but whatever.

reuben p. bonner

ps. I saw a guy on the train who pretty much looked exactly like Paul
Vahry, Jonny's dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment